6/21/09

Happy Father's Day

I just wanted to wish the father's in our lives a VERY Happy Father's Day! I was thinking today at church how lucky Kalen and I both are to have such supportive and loving fathers. As most of you know Kalen is SUPER athletic! He is VERY talented and whenever we talk about it too much he always tells me that his dad is his hero! His dad taught him everything he knows about sports. He didn't only teach him how to play but how to act while he is playing. Kalen is a very classy athlete and I know we owe that lesson to his father as well. Thanks Stan for being such a great dad to Kalen and such a fun and loving grandpa to Kinsey!
I love this picture cause it shows how I am laughing at my dad. He was so funny while dancing with me at my prom which made it so much fun and of course unforgettable! My dad has taught me so much! He taught me hard work, love for my mom, how to have a great sense of humor, bull-headedness (oh yes, this is a GREAT one, huh mom?) My dad is so loving! He is kind to everyone he knows and meets and is always wanting to help out. He is such a great support of me and I love him so so much! Happy Father's Dad! Thanks for being such a great example and for all you do for me! Thanks also for being such a fun and loving Grandpa to Kinsey!
Last but not least, I wanted to tell Kalen how thankful I am to have him as my husband and Kinsey's Daddy! He is the so sweet and gentle and fun with her. Kinsey can't wait for her daddy to get home from work so she can climb all over him. Eventhough he has been gone to work ALL day long, he always has time and energy left to sweep her off the floor when she runs to him as he walk in the door and play, play, play! Kinsey is always telling me "Ma-ma," and then she points to Kalen or a picture of Kalen and says, "...MY daddy!"
He works hard for us so we can pay our bills and still have a little to spend for fun. He is always taking care of things around the house that need to be fixed and loves doing them. I think if I made him a "Honey-Do" list he would actually add more to it and then get it all done in one weekend!

Kalen I just wanted to wish you a Happy Father's Day and tell you how much I love you! You are a GREAT daddy and a wonderful husband! I am so thankful to have you and I know Kinsey is too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those are adorable pics! I love the one of Kalen and his dad!