1/8/09

Kalen's New Job


Right before Christmas, Kalen was laid off for the winter. This is something that we had anticipated for a while and are thankful they were able to keep him working til Christmas with Burdick Paving! We have been stressing a bit about what to do about bills (new truck, new home) so we decided that we would just look for something new.
We lucked into finding a job opening with UDOT, really this is something Kalen has always said he would like to do forever! So we filled out an application and he had an interview. While we were on Christmas vacation, Kalen got the call that he had gotten the job! Yippee! It is a small pay cut, BUT the benefits are fantastic and make up for it!
The only issue is that the job is in Vernal which is 28 miles away. He will be plowing snow and such so living here in Roosevelt is not a good idea plus he has to drive early in the morning each day. We have decided to try and rent out our house so we can rent somewhere in Vernal. It will probably be tough for a bit. I wish we could just sell and then buy something in Vernal but I don't think we will be that lucky!
Kalen is way excited about this job. He already is enjoying working for them and is getting along with the other workers. He even looks good in orange! There is a chance that down the road he can transfer to another crew. I am keeping my fingers crossed for something in southern utah!
Well, I just wanted to update everyone on the news from our house. Looks like I am going to have to pack yet again! Wish me luck! I am hoping I don't go crazy!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations. Hope it all turns out for you!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures from Christmas, looks like it was fun for everyone! Congrats on the new job... I'll cross my fingers that you sell you house!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Kalen's cousin Jessica, I was goofing off and found your blog:) Your little girl is Super cute and we are glad that you guys are doing good!

ALICIA said...

Congrats on the nwe job. Hope it all goes well.

mom of seven said...

You can't leave 5th ward, we're just getting to know you. I'm glad he's got a job that he loves though.

Kathryn