11/17/08

Surgery Day

Kinsey had ear tubes put in today... I have to be honest, I was SO nervous! The thought of Kinsey under anesthetic freaked me out! But she did great and it was so simple and easy and SUPER fast!
They took Kinsey from us and within five minutes the dr was back telling us that she was done. We couldn't have her til she was awake so we waited another 10 minutes, gave her a bottle and we were done! (although I am leaving out the one hour wait for the dr to get there!)
I am so glad that it is over! I know that the tubes will help her out a ton and I am glad that we got them done so we don't have to worry about ear infections and antibiotics all of the time!
Here are a few pictures of Kinsey this morning.

She got to wear a little baby hospital gown... TOO CUTE!
They also let us keep her PJ bottoms on... I thought this was a cute picture. My friend Sylvia took one like this of her little Quade a few weeks ago when he got tubes in Cedar. (Thanks for the advise Sylvia!)
We tried to keep her entertained but we were waiting for an hour and she was getting upset. We had to wake her up to get there on time and she couldn't eat anything so it was double trouble! We did bring her binkie to help out... We normally leave the binkie home!

Way to go Kinsey! I am SO proud of you! You were so brave and I am so happy you are ok! I love you!

11 comments:

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

Those pictures are so cute. How do you make those cute titles to your blog. Where it says The parsons and has pictures of Kinsey?

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Oh man, ear drama sucks. I had to have tubes put in twice. Hopefully this fixes her problems!

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

I hope that the tubes help. She looks so cute!

Emily said...

Oh I'm so glad it's over and everbody's good. Give her hug for me. Aww I think I miss her!

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

Lucky dog! We should be going to see the lights sometime after Thanksgiving I love them they are so beautiful.

That template is so cute I wish I knew how to do it or had the software gosh you creative little bug you.

Katie Dotson said...

And I can't believe how fast the tubes started to help! She is already speaking and understanding spanish. ;) HEHE! OK. Maybe not. Just a little joke about yesterdays entertainment in the kitchen. Love you Kinsey!

Jessica said...

I am so glad it went well! You will be happy... I promise!!

Angela said...

Morgan had tubes put in at 6 months and it made a huge difference. I was totally freaked myself the day of surgery. Glad to hear you won't have to deal with the ear infections anymore....

Anonymous said...

Glad didn't take so long to have it done. She seemed pretty happy on the phone that night. Can't wait to see you next week
Love ya

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Ah I'm so sorry she had to have surgery SCARY.....but we're glad she's OK!!:)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm look at he tiny ass i could have a lot of fun with her