Ok... So here is the story: Kalen has wanted a truck since I first met him. As most of you know, he drives a little 1999 civic coupe, not really a manly car, but it gets GREAT gas mileage!
Since he got his new job, he has been looking online at trucks trying to decide which one he was going to spend his hard earned money on. I told him we could maybe get one in November or later once we had more bills paid off. We have been working hard on paying bills, but really haven't discussed getting a truck anytime soon.
On Saturday we went to Provo to watch my little sis run in a cross country meet. (I was going to walk the breast cancer walk but no one would do it with me!) Anyways, we watched my little sister and then went with my parents to lunch. After lunch my mom and I wanted to go to the Women's Expo. Kalen was not thrilled and was really getting upset with me. He did NOT want to go and he did NOT want to stay at the mall and he did NOT have time to go to Cabella's. So... I blurted that he and my dad should go look at trucks while we went to the Expo. (Really just to give them something to do!)
When we were done my parents had to head home and Kalen REALLY wanted to convince me to let him get a truck that was exactly like his dad's truck (which used to be Greg's). I said, "no!" Not because I don't like his dad's truck, I think it is a great truck and really nice! But because I wanted Kalen to have a truck of his own. One that looks like HIS truck. I know, that is stupid, but he has already had a hand me down car and even though the truck wouldn't have been a hand-me-down, it seemed like one, sort-of, to me!
Well, after 2 years of marriage, my sulking skills have FINALLY warn off on Kalen cause he sulked all throughout our trip through Babies-R-Us. So... I agreed to let him go look at some trucks at Brent Brown Chevy. Really just to make him smile! I had NO intention of actually buying a truck.
Before I knew it, Kalen and the salesman were driving away in a BRAND new Silverado, then we were signing papers! What? Really! I can't believe it, but hey! It made him smile!
See... There it is... The smile that has lasted over three days!
Kalen's birthday was only 6 days prior to this trip so he got a GREAT birthday gift, huh?Oh... About the title of this post. I have been teasing Kalen about his love for this truck. He has read EVERY piece of paper that came with the truck... He has turned and pushed EVERY knob... And has already started looking at mufflers and other things to jazz up the truck! I even saw him looking at camo seat covers... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! No matter how much he sulks! Anyways, last night, he looked out the window and said, "good night truck!" He is so funny somtimes!
So... He has now convinced me that I should drive the truck as the family car (it got 23 MPG on the way home!) Anyone interested in buying a 2005 Hyundai Tucson? Let me know! Leave a comment and I will email you! I am serious. We are really selling my car! The car I LOVE!
4 comments:
So I seriously thought about doing that breast cancer walk with you, but it would have been hard with the two kids. I wish I would have so that you could have. I always wanted to do that walk for my grandma Heywood surviving her breast cancer.
How exciting I love getting new cars. Your little girl gets cuter and cuter all the time and she is so tall not that she has any other choice.(with both your genes) Love the cake did you make it I guess i must of not read enough Jonny would go crazy over that!!!!
CONGRATS ON THE NEW TRUCK!! LOOKS NICE!
Hey! I don't know if you guys remember me or not but I stumbled across your blog. You should email me at bethanymadsen@gmail.com and I'll add you so you can see mine!
That's so funny about Kalen and his truck, my husband was the same way with his new snowboard... It hangs on the wall in our bedroom. Ha ha.
Post a Comment