My Grandma Shirley has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I hate it! Grandma Shirley has spent her entire adult life taking care of others! I should say, her entire life! Anyways, she took care of her parents and then took care of Grandpa Buck and now she is fighting breast cancer. I hate that this has happened to her! I spoke with her on the phone today and I WISH I was closer so I could do something for her!Well, here is what I have came up with! I say this advertisement for the breast cancer walk this weekend and I convinced that I HAVE to do this! I won't be running, I will be pushing a stroller but I am so excited! I think that it will be such an uplifting experience as I know many others will be running or walking for those that they love and many others will be survivors or those who are fighting cancer as well.
I am trying to get in touch with all of my Bulkley cousins to see who wants to join me and race for Grandma. I know it is short notice so just do what you can!
Here are the details:
Saturday, September 6
7:30 am- 8:30 am
Thanksgiving Point
Garden Center
3900 North Garden Ave.
Lehi, UT
It is only $5 to participate and you can register online at this link http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=647578
If you want to come walk with me, let me know! I am sure that we could all have lists of people we want to walk for, I know I do!
There is also one in October that my ENTIRE family is planning on attending and would LOVE to have anyone join us! (I think I'm going to run!)
Save-A-Sister Run for Breast Cancer
This event is a fund-raiser for the Breast Cancer Department at Dixie Regional Medical Center. Events includes a 1-mile fun walk ($10), 5K ($15) and a 10K ($20)
Registration deadline is Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 6 PM!
NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION!
1-mile fun walk ($10), 5K ($15) and a 10K ($20)
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Main Street Trailhead
1835 Convention Center Drive
Parking available in the south parking lot near the restrooms and trailhead.
Contact Information:
Bob Peckham
435-634-5860
No comments:
Post a Comment