8/26/08

Southwest Skin and Cancer

I am sure that most of you have heard of this, well, I am sure that ALL of you have! From the moment that I heard of it, I have been heart broken for those families.

At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Friday, 22 August, a King Air 100, with ten aboard crashed shortly after take-off in Moab, Utah. The plane was in route to Cedar City, Utah. All on board died in the crash. The victims included nine associates of Southwest Skin & Cancer and the pilot. They had traveled to Moab early that day to provide cancer screening, cancer treatment, and other medical services to citizens in Moab. Southwest Skin & Cancer provided similar services to nine communities in Utah, Arizona and Nevada.

I have later learned that there are so many people that I know personally that have a link to certain members of the plan crash. Scott Barney from Hatch, who is in the class below me had recently became engaged to one of the victims, Mandy Johnson, of Hurricane. He proposed to her the NIGHT before! Also, my sweet cousin Layne was one of her best friends.

I saw this link from the Armstrong's blog and I wanted to share it. If you want to leave condolences for the family you can check it out at http://cedarcondolences.blogspot.com/

No comments: