4/6/08

The Meadows

I said that I would post later about my struggle finding a place for us to live. This might be a long story...

On Saturday as we were packing to move out of the house that we have been renting in Panguitch, I suddenly stressed a little more than I was already thinking that I was sending Kalen, ALONE to find us a place to live! Not that I don't think that he has good taste, but I was afraid that he might settle for something crumby since he wouldn't have a lot of time to spend searching for a place since he works longer now.

I called my boss and made sure if was okay and then planned to just go with him this first week and find a place. The job searching was rough (again- I'm sorry Jen!) Jen took me to a few places and called some realtors for me and it seemed like the best thing for us was going to be to buy some land and then put a home there. We went to Vernal and looked at manufactured homes since they can be ready a LOT faster than stick built homes! We did some more searching and it was just getting really discouraging!

Well, the LAST day of my search was Friday. Kalen and I had to leave when he got home so I was really pressed for time. Jen had told me about these new townhomes that were in construction in Roosevelt, so after meeting with a realtor and getting even more bad news, we decided to drive over and take a look. They have a model that is open during the day so Jen and I took a look. Well I LOVED them! They are really nice, BRAND new, so I know that it will be clean and safe for Kinsey! I called the realtor and got everything worked out. We were preapproved for the loan so when Kalen got home from work, he came to look and we put in an offer. The buyer will get the offer on Tuesday and then we will see what happens!

The home that we put an offer on is still in construction and will be done in thirty days! I would LOVE to be in a home by then! I hope that it all works out!

The picture below is of the model kitchen. I just LOVE it!

3 comments:

ALICIA said...

Looks nice!! Hope it all works out for the best.

Sylvia said...

It looks way cute. I really hope it works out for you. We need to get togeather before we bolth move onto our new adventure in life...

Meagan said...

Mandy- the kitchen looks amazing- how fun for you! I did read your blog about the new job for Kalen- that is exciting, but I totally understand the nervousness you feel and sad being away from family. Good luck with everything and call me soon for some mommy time together ok!!!!!