5/13/09

Jamie's Surgery

My sweet little sister got hurt at track practice (when she wasn't supposed to be running anyways because she had pneumonia!) and tore her ACL. Luckily, she was able to get surgery to get a new one! I told her to ask the Dr if he could be sure to get one from a former world champion athlete, someone who could run REALLY fast! My mom ended up being the only one who could take her over so I went home to help out- you know, moral support. My mom likes to tell me how Jamie is SO MUCH braver than I am with needles and I am proud to say that she was right. The picture above is right before Jamie got her IV and she did pretty well, she didn't cry or try to run away! Way to go Jamie!
I was trying to keep her smiling cause I knew she was nervous! Sisterly love...
She didn't want to put on the ugly hair net thing (Katie does this EVERY day Jamie!) So I put it on for her to show her how stylish it can be!
I even made mom put it on. I think at this point my mom was thinking she should have left me home!
Pushing her to surgery. She came back just as hilarious as ever! She wanted to be like Dr. Seuss and rhymed about everything she said! I did take pictures but I am honoring Jamie's request not to post them, although it is rather funny seeing Jamie all loopy and what not!
Jokes aside Jamie did GREAT and is now into recovery with physical therapy and more physical therapy. She still has a really nice brace and a white sock she has to wear. We are hoping that with some extra hard work she will be back and as good as new for volleyball season!

1 comment:

Leibbrandt Family said...

I am glad to hear that Jamie is doing ok Thanks for keeping us all posted Mandy!! By the way your very cute in the hair net! ;)