So my blogging friend Jessica Madsen had this on her blog, so I decided to do it. I think it'll gather some pretty interesting memories... Hmmm...
Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! (Please remember that my mom will be reading this!)
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. I can't wait to see what people remember.
18 comments:
Oh the memories that came to mind when I read that. Lets see.... Well one of the first ones was the time you, Kelci, and I went on a hike to find a waterfall. When we finally go to the spot you saw a tarp and we decided it was the person that took Elizabeth Smart. So we all took off running in our wet flip flops. As we were running and falling all over the place we got a little lost. Thanks to the wild turky that came out of know where we ran in the direction of the jeep. Then we had to take Danny Perkins up to show him. You know the rest. Boy didn't we look stupid.
Hey Mandy its Nicole Nelson im anonymous because I don't have a blog Yet!!! Hey I just wanted to remind you of the time that we were roomates in st. George and you, Morgan, Kate, Katie and I decided it would be fun for me to climb into the freezer to see if I would fit.......so we all started grabbing all of our food out of the freezer and you all shoved me in THAT WAS GOOD TIMES :)
Mandy,
This is a fun tag.. I laughed at Nicole's comment! I have the funniest picture of her in the freezer! I miss those days! I must say I learned a lot living with Kate and you Panguitch girls! Remember hiding the Roses from Gabrin- that I think Kalen actually sent for him- because Lance was coming over.. Remember me yelling at you guys for teasing me about all my missionaries with lance there??? Oh those were the days!
Well Mandy I have so many memories of you. I was trying to think of an early one and since you were really mean to me when we first met (ha ha), and we are keeping this G rated I thought of the cabin. Jeff and I were dating so I had to sleep with you. You went to bed before I did and when I came to bed you were sprawled over the whole thing. Me being shy and not pushy I went to Jeff and told him he had to come move his sister. Also remember when you Katie and I had a sleep over in my new apartment, and my new bed before the wedding. That was good bonding.
Mandy- this is fun. Probably the most memorable memory I have with you would be the time we found out we were pregnant. I remember when I came into work one morning and you pulled me into the collating room to tell me the news- I was SOOO super excited for you- I hugged you and just couldn't believe it. Then throughout the day I began to wonder about myself... I hadn't started my little monthly fun time yet and began to realize I was late. You told me you had a bunch of prego test left and that I should try one. I remember how funny it was trying to sneak one away from your house without Ryan seeing it- I wanted to surprise him. Anyway- long story short- I tried a bunch of tests and they all came back negative. after about another week you brought me your last test to try. I tried it the next morning and wa la- it was positive. I was so excited and I wanted to tell you first, but Ry wanted to wait a little bit. It was so fun telling you and realizing that we were due practically the same day. I've had a lots of great memories with you- I can't tell you how happy I am that we became friends. I hope we will stay close. Luv you tons!!!
Okay - first of all... LOVE the new look! You are amazingly talented with this blogging thing. I have everyone fooled thinking I know what I am doing thanks to your header on my page!!!
Secondly, don't you love this fun "memory" thing.
Thirdly (is that word???) I guess we won't be seeing you in GR over Melon Days. Eric informed me he has too many things going with the new position (cop out!!!)
I actually do have a first memory of you even though you don't know it... I would actually watch you and your team/friends cheering for Mick and it really did make my heart happy. He came home late one night and humbly asked me, "Mom, do I really have my own fan club?" and then continued to explain that there was a group of "people" always cheering him on. So thanks for making a little 8 year olds season.
I also remembered the first time Kalen introduced you to me at a game. I am sure you were still in lala land because you were so young and in love and can't remember. He told me at that time that you were getting ready for the Miss Utah pageant but secretly hoped you wouldn't win so he could marry you (sorry for spilling the beans Kalen). I am sure you already knew that anyway right?
I think one of the memories that sticks out is the Christmas before you and Kalen got married and you showed up in GR Christmas night. We already knew you but you were so cute with everyone especially the kids. Bouncing around on the bouncy balls with Kylie and playing with Nathan as a little baby! Then later that night we played games till late that night and we laughed and laughed and I won't say it...but Ryan made a lovely first impression on you... haha Love you girl! So glad we are related!
Mandy, Mandy, Mandy... I really don't know how I am going to choose just one memory, I have 23 1/2 years of Mandy memories. I am having a memory overload! Oh gosh... Which to choose... UMMM... I GOT IT! Do you remember when we were living in St. G and we went to Outback and you chased me all over the parking lot like a raptor (the most terrifying dino EVER)? I was so creeped out and totally imbarressed. There you were chasing me around with your legs flying infront of you, your arms tucked back and this horrible sound coming from your mouth. I was running as fast as could but there was no escaping you. So wierd Mandy, but so you. And I love your wierdness. You make life interesting. Thanks!
You are always doing such cute things with your blog. It looks great. I guess we haven't really spent a lot of time together but one memory that came to mind was when we were at Gabrin & Linda's wedding reception in Mt Pleasant & we sat there chatting watching all the people we didn't know while Garrett & Kalen were standing in the line.
I think the funniest thing that happened was at volleyball practice and I think you know what I am going to say and Norris went up to hit and it nailed you right in the face and your nose started bleeding ok I don't know if it is a little rude for me to think that it was so funny but of man I can remember that like it was yesterday but there was a lot of funny things that happened at volleyball and cheer. High School was a blast!!!!!
Well, I don't have a very many memories with you, but one that stands out in my mind was when Katie and I slept at your apartment in Orem and Katie was helping you stretch in some pretty interesting ways and then the next morning when you where getting ready for class you were puffing baby powder into your hair and I was thinking, What a weirdo!, that is until you explained why and I tried it and I truly understood why.
Mandy! Oh it is a small world! As I'm looking through Madsen's page I see a comment by you with your profile pic and I said "I know that girl!" Anyway if you don't know who this is, it is Emily Wilson, Kim Wilson's older sister from Hatch back in the day. I married a baseball player too. It's so fun to see old friends! I so want to come back to a high school reunion in Panguitch just because I know everyone will be there!
Anyway here's my memory. Do you remember when you me and Kali went and sang at the hospital for the old folks? Didn't we dance and sing to Shania Twain or something? LOl, fun, dorky times. Tell your family hi for me! If you want to see my blog it's set on private so you'll have to send me your email so I can invite you. My email is emilydalton02@yahoo.com Yes my name is Emily Dalton now.
It was hard to come up with any comments that I would say were just too funny, and I couldn't resist sharing, so here goes my plain old boring one.
Kalen- I just remember following you to Salt Lake a lot and watching you play basketball with the Bruins. I think that I actually got to take a few vacations with you too. (Vegas & Florida)
Mandy- I think the first time I met you (obviously at a UVSC game) I also met your parents at the same time. I just remember Kalen being head over heels in love and you guys trying to spend as much time together as possible. Like Tristen said, no one was really too surprised when you showing up that one Christmas night.
One of the memories was our trip to South Dakota to watch Kalen play before you were engaged and then the Christmas night when you showed up in GR and you were doing the bouncy ball thing with Kylee in the kitchen. Glad you are part of our family.
Teri
Well I kind of made fun of you on Katie's blog for leaving multiple memories. Now I am going to eat my words because I feel the need to share more than one here.
Here's a short list of some of my favorite (or at least most memorable) Mandy moments:
1-You bit my knee so hard and through jeans that you drew blood and left the nastiest bruise that I have ever seen.
2-I remember when Uncle Than sat on you right after you were born. That was pretty crazy. Of course I thought you were made of glass.
3-I walked out of our house in Overton one day and saw you on the sidewalk with the neighbor boy and you were KISSING!!!!! You were what like 3? Man you got started early!
4-Remember the first time you met one of my friends...before he was my friend...and well you know the rest! You were hilarious that day! (Sorry to be so secretive but 95% of that story had to be left out in order to protect the innocent).
5-Lastly I can remember multiple times when you pulled through for anyone that needed you. You have such a "do it" personality and that is especially great for serving people. I have watched you do that time and time again from a very young age! I am so happy that you're my sis!
I love ya!
Mandy-kins I didn't even know you had a blog and for that I blame you! hehe Okay.. one of my first memories of you was when you came to live with us and everyone was so mad but I hadn't met you yet.. then when I did meet you I was happy because you were actually really nice and cool! Then I invited you to come to Zupa's with us and you did! I also remember you singing in the shower.. and at church..and going to FHE that one time at the bishop's house and getting lost on the way! haha! and need I remind you you were often with Kalen too! anyway, I want to make some new memories so let's play?! P.S. I can't believe how stinkin cute Kinsey is!
Post a Comment