Ok... so this has been a discussion in our house for a few weeks now. I am still not quite convinced, but we're moving anyway! I am sure that many of you are totally shocked... so am I! Just wait until you hear where we are going!
Kalen has been chatting with my brother Jeff a LOT lately and come to find out, Jeff's employer is hiring. Well, since they LOVE Jeff so much they offered Kalen a job just on what Jeff has said about him! Weird -eh? You must have figured it out by now (if you know where Jeff lives)... we are moving to BLUEBELL or ALTAMONT!
For those of you that have NO idea where these places are... let me explain. Bluebell, Utah is in Duchesne County, in the Uintah Basin. It is about an hour and a half northish from Price. It is actually right by Altamont and the kids there go to Altamont High School (go Longhorns!?!)
It is exactly
3.3 miles from Altamont
14.6 miles from Roosevelt
61 miles from Price
143 miles from Green River
121 miles from Provo
112 miles from Park City
276 miles from Panguitch!!!
626 miles from Anthem, AZ
So yeah, Kalen is moving me FAR, FAR away from where I ultimately wanted to be; however, I will be closer to Jeff, Jen and the boys which I am excited for.
Kalen will be working hard through the summer and spring months and will be able to attend school at the Utah State Extension in Roosevelt. Hopefully he can finsish soon so we can find him a permanent job doing what he has spent so long in school for!
I was really sad to leave my job here in Panguitch. It has been SO great for me and for Kinsey! When I told my boss that I was going to have to move, she told me that she really wanted me to continue to work for her so we are working it out so I can still work for her from my house in Bluebell.
As of now the plans are for Kalen to start working there on March 31. Kinsey and I won't be moving up there for a few weeks later. I am going to stay here and help get things situated with my job because this is the busiest time of year for her. While Kalen is up there without Kinsey and I he will be living with Jeff and Jen and looking for a place for us to move into so when I come we will have a place to live.
I am sort of excited to start this new adventure; however, I have been REALLY emotional about it so don't be surprised if I don't really want to talk about it too much! I am sure that it will ok, I am just having some mixed emotions. Kalen thinks that I am just sad to leave Panguitch, but it is a LOT more than that! I guess this is the way things are going to have to go, so... whether I am READY OR NOT...HERE WE COME!
4 comments:
WOW!!! You are going so far away. Glad you know someone there so it might make it a little easier. Good luck! I'm sure it will go great. What cute pics of Kinsey & you guys.
I know that you are nervous about moving, but we will have fun. I love ya, and I know you love me, what more do you need. All kidding aside, I feel for you.
That's quite the move!! I am sorry you have to move away from your parents. Now that I live by mine I don't know if I could really move away from them...especially over 200 miles away from them! Good luck and I am here if you ever need anyone to talk to because I feel for you!!!!
It was so fun to read about your cute little family. After getting on your blog I was talking to Eric and I said, "holy cow, did you know they had a baby?" Of course he did know but doesn't share "fun" things like that with me. About the move, when Eric told me we were moving from Emery County, where my parents also lived, to Utah County I was devastated. Didn't think I would make it. I think it was a wonderful thing for our little family and I am sure you will find that your destinations in life are sometimes not controlled by you, but end up being "home". That probably sounds stupid but...
On another note... your daughter is gorgeous. Definately thinking she looks alot like her daddy with moms soft features!!!
I was telling Eric I wanted to start a link from our page for former players and was wondering if it's okay if we link your blog on there. I was talking to Brittany (Eli's wife) and I am putting them and Jory and Lacey and a few others. Let me know if you are okay with this.
Hopefully we can find a bunch of you guys because we miss y'all and would love to keep tabs on your families as they grow.
Again, congrats on the beautiful baby and good luck with the move!! The Madsens!!!
(sorry for the long post!)
Post a Comment